Depending on the type of clients you want to sell to, there are many different strategies you can follow to start engaging with them.
Below, we show you the top 20 strategies to consider.
What is organic lead generation?
Organic lead generation is the process of organically attracting and converting potential customers into leads, which are individuals or organizations that have expressed interest in your product or service.
Top 20 Organic Lead Generation Strategies
Let’s jump right into it:
Create a website and do Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
A combination of a well-designed website and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can be a powerful tool for organic lead generation.
Here are a few tips on how to use a website and SEO for organic lead generation:
Create a clear and user-friendly website: Your website should be easy to navigate and provide clear information about your products or services. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and has a clear call-to-action, such as a contact form or a “Contact Us” button.
2. Optimize your website for search engines: Optimize your website for search engines by including relevant keywords in your content and meta tags. This will make it more likely that your website will appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) when people search for keywords related to your products or services.
3. Use a lead generation form: Include a lead generation form on your website to collect contact information from visitors. Make sure the form is prominently placed and easy to find.
4. Create valuable content: Create valuable content, such as blog posts, whitepapers, or e-books, on your website that provides information that is relevant to your target audience. This can attract potential leads and help to establish your business as a thought leader in your industry.
5. Use calls-to-action: Include calls-to-action, such as “Sign up for our newsletter” or “Download our e-book,” on your website to encourage visitors to provide their contact information.
6. Use analytics: Use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze the traffic on your website. This will help you understand which pages are most popular and which calls-to-action are most effective.
7. Use social media: Use social media to drive traffic to your website, and to interact with potential leads.
8. Optimize your website for conversions: Optimize your website for conversions by using A/B testing and heatmap tools to test and understand what elements of your website are most effective in converting visitors into leads.
Creating valuable and informative content can help to attract potential customers and generate leads organically.
Create a content strategy: Create a content strategy that outlines the types of content you will create, the channels you will use to distribute it, and the goals you want to achieve.
- Create valuable content: Create valuable content that provides information that is relevant and useful to your target audience. This can include blog posts, whitepapers, e-books, infographics, videos, and more.
3. Use calls-to-action: Include calls-to-action in your content that encourage readers to provide their contact information in exchange for additional information or follow-up.
4. Use lead magnets: Offer lead magnets, such as e-books or webinars, in exchange for contact information.
5. Use automation: Automate your content marketing efforts to save time and resources. You can use automation to send out welcome emails, trigger-based campaigns, and lead nurturing campaigns.
Create a social media strategy: Create a social media strategy that outlines the types of content you will create, the platforms you will use, and the goals you want to achieve.
Create valuable content: Create valuable content that provides information that is relevant and useful to your target audience. This can include blog posts, infographics, videos, and more.
3. Use calls-to-action: Include calls-to-action in your social media posts that encourage followers to provide their contact information in exchange for additional information or follow-up.
4. Use lead magnets: Offer lead magnets, such as e-books or webinars, in exchange for contact information.
5. Use automation: Automate your social media marketing efforts to save time and resources. You can use automation to schedule posts, trigger-based campaigns, and lead nurturing campaigns.
6. Use analytics: Use analytics tools to track and analyze the performance of your social media marketing campaigns. This will help you understand which types of content are most effective and make data-driven decisions to improve your campaigns over time.
7. Engage with your audience: Engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages, and by running social media contests and giveaways. This will help to build trust and credibility with your followers.
Influencers have a loyal following and when they recommend your product or service, their followers are more likely to trust their endorsement and take action. It’s important to make sure that the influencer’s audience is aligned with your target market to be able to generate leads that are more likely to convert.
Identify the right influencers: Look for influencers who have a large and engaged following in your target market. You can use tools like Buzzsumo or Klear to find influencers on social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Build relationships: Reach out to the influencers you’ve identified and try to build relationships with them. You can offer them a free product or service in exchange for a review, or ask them to collaborate on a social media campaign.
Create a campaign: Once you’ve built relationships with influencers, create a campaign that they can participate in. For example, you can ask them to create a post or video promoting your product or service, or to host a live Q&A session on social media.
Measure and refine: Track the performance of your campaign and measure the results. If you see that a particular influencer or campaign is not working well, adjust your strategy accordingly.
Track the leads and conversions: Use link tracking and UTM parameters to track the leads and conversions generated by the influencer marketing campaign. This will help you measure the ROI of the campaign and refine your strategy for future campaigns.
Here are a few tips on how to use email marketing for organic lead generation:
Build an email list: One of the most important aspects of email marketing is having a list of people to send your emails to. You can build your list by including a sign-up form on your website, offering a lead magnet (like an e-book or webinar) in exchange for contact information, or by collecting contact information at events.
2. Segment your email list: Segment your email list based on demographics, behavior, or other criteria to ensure that you are sending relevant content to the right people.
3. Create valuable content: Create valuable content that your audience will be interested in reading. This could include blog posts, whitepapers, e-books, or other types of content that provide value to your audience.
4. Use a clear call-to-action: Include a clear call-to-action in your emails, such as a link to a landing page where people can learn more about your product or service.
5. Use automation: Automate your email marketing campaigns to save time and resources. You can use automation to send out welcome emails, trigger-based campaigns, and lead nurturing campaigns.
6. A/B test your emails: A/B test different elements of your emails, such as subject lines, headlines, and calls-to-action, to see what works best and improve the performance of your campaigns.
7. Use personalization: Personalize your emails to the individual recipient, by using their name, location, or other personal information to make the email more relatable and increase engagement.
8. Track and analyze your results: Track and analyze the results of your email campaigns using metrics like open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate. Use this data to make data-driven decisions and improve the performance of your campaigns over time.
Networking can be a great way to generate organic leads for your business. Here are a few tips:
Attend industry events: Attend industry events and conferences where you can meet potential leads and connect with other professionals in your field.
Join industry groups and associations: Join groups and associations related to your industry, where you can connect with potential leads and stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments.
3. Leverage online networking: Use online networking platforms, such as LinkedIn, to connect with potential leads and build relationships.
4. Build relationships: Focus on building relationships with potential leads, rather than just trying to sell them on your products or services. By building relationships, you will be more likely to turn leads into customers.
5. Follow up: After you’ve made a connection, make sure to follow up with the person. This will help to solidify the relationship and will give you the opportunity to turn the lead into a customer.
6. Give value before asking for something: Be prepared to offer something of value to the other person in the network before asking for something in return. This will help to build trust and establish a mutually beneficial relationship.
7. Be authentic: Be yourself, be honest and be genuine. Building trust and strong relationships with people takes time and consistency.
8. Keep track of your contacts: Keep track of the people you meet and the conversations you have. Use a contact management system or a spreadsheet to keep track of important details, like contact information, and notes on the conversation.
Referral marketing is a strategy where current customers are incentivized to refer their friends or family to a business.
Here are a few steps to implement referral marketing for organic lead generation:
- Create an incentive program: Offer current customers a reward or incentive for each referral they make that results in a sale or lead.
Make it easy to refer: Provide customers with referral cards or links that they can share with their friends and family.
3. Track and measure success: Keep track of the number of referrals and the number of leads generated from those referrals to measure the success of your referral marketing campaign.
4. Encourage engagement: Keep your referral program top-of-mind by regularly reminding customers about it and thanking them for their referrals.
5. Follow up: Reach out to new leads as soon as possible, but be sure to make it easy for them to connect with you, such as through a contact form or chatbot.
6. Follow up with the referrer: Keep the referrer in the loop by providing updates on how the referral is progressing.
7. Continuously improve: Continuously monitor and optimize your referral marketing strategy based on the results you are seeing.
Public relations can help with organic lead generation by increasing brand awareness and credibility, which can lead to more website traffic and inbound leads.
Develop a compelling story: Identify the unique value proposition of your business and develop a compelling story that will resonate with your target audience.
Identify the right media outlets: Research the media outlets that are most relevant to your target audience and have the most influence in your industry.
Build relationships with journalists: Reach out to the journalists at the media outlets you’ve identified and try to build relationships with them. You can offer them exclusive content, or share industry insights and trends that they might find interesting.
4. Pitch your story: Once you’ve built relationships with journalists, pitch your story to them. Make sure to tailor your pitch to the journalist’s interests and the specific audience of the publication or outlet.
5. Follow up and measure results: Follow up with the journalists you’ve pitched to, and measure the results of your PR efforts. Use tools like Google Analytics to track the leads and conversions generated from media coverage.
6. Keep your website up-to-date: Keep your website up-to-date with the latest news, press releases and articles. This will help you to maintain the organic flow of lead generation.
7. Leverage social media: Use social media platforms to share your press releases, articles and other news. This will help to expand your reach and increase visibility to potential leads.
Trade shows and events
Participating in trade shows and industry events can expose your brand to potential customers and generate leads. Here are a few steps to use trade shows and events for organic lead generation:
Identify relevant trade shows and events: Research trade shows and events that are relevant to your industry and target audience.
Plan your participation: Decide on the level of participation that is right for your business and budget. Options include exhibiting, sponsoring, or attending as a delegate.
Prepare a strong message: Develop a clear and compelling message that highlights the value of your products or services and how they can benefit potential customers.
Create engaging marketing materials: Develop marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, and business cards that showcase your business and message.
Use social media to promote your participation: Utilize social media to promote your participation in the trade show or event, and to engage with potential customers before, during, and after the event.
Follow up with leads: Collect contact information from potential customers at the trade show or event, and follow up with them promptly after the event.
Track and measure success: Use tools like Google Analytics to track the number of visitors, conversion rate, and other key metrics to measure the success of the trade show or event.
Continuously improve: Continuously monitor and optimize your trade show and event strategy based on the results you are seeing.
It is important to note that trade shows and events are an opportunity to establish personal connections with potential customers, and to showcase your products or services in a tangible way. It is also a great way to network and learn about the industry and other companies.
Affiliate marketing can be used for organic lead generation by partnering with other businesses or individuals who promote your products or services to their audience in exchange for a commission.
2. Build relationships: Reach out to the affiliates you’ve identified and try to build relationships with them. Offer them a commission for each sale that is generated from their referral.
3. Create a referral program: Set up a referral program that incentivizes affiliates to promote your product or service. Offer bonuses or rewards for reaching certain referral milestones.
4. Provide marketing materials: Provide your affiliates with marketing materials such as banners, links, and email templates that they can use to promote your product or service.
5. Track and measure: Use link tracking and UTM parameters to track the leads and conversions generated by your affiliate marketing program. This will help you measure the ROI of the program and identify top-performing affiliates.
6. Communicate and engage: Keep in touch with your affiliates, provide them with updates, and answer any questions they may have. This will help to maintain a strong relationship and promote continued success in lead generation.
7. Optimize and refine: Monitor the performance of your affiliate program and optimize it based on the results you are getting. This will help you to refine your strategy and improve your results over time.
Podcasts and webinars
Podcasts and webinars can be used for organic lead generation by providing valuable and informative content that will attract potential leads. Podcasts can be used to share industry insights, interviews with experts, or other relevant topics that will be of interest to your target audience. Webinars can be used to provide in-depth education on a particular topic, demonstrations of your products or services, or to answer questions from potential leads.
Follow these tips for using podcasts and webinars for organic lead generation:
Create valuable content: Create podcasts and webinars that provide valuable and informative content that will attract potential leads.
Promote your podcasts and webinars: Promote your podcasts and webinars through your website, social media channels, and other platforms to attract potential leads.
3. Use lead magnets: Include lead magnets, such as a free trial or consultation, in your podcasts and webinars to encourage attendees to provide their contact information in exchange for additional information or follow-up.
4. Use calls-to-action: Include calls-to-action in your podcasts and webinars to encourage attendees to take the next step, such as visiting your website or signing up for a free trial.
5. Use automation: Automate your podcast and webinar promotion, so that they can generate leads while you focus on other aspects of your business.
6. Use email marketing: Use email marketing to promote your podcasts and webinars and to follow up with attendees after the podcast or webinar is over.
7. Keep the content evergreen: Keep your podcast and webinar content evergreen so that it can be accessed and used by new leads at any time.
Online courses and workshops
Offering online courses or workshops related to your industry can establish your brand as an authority in your field, generating organic leads.
Follow these tips:
Use a landing page: Create a landing page specifically for your online courses and workshops. This can include a registration form, a summary of the content, and a call-to-action.
Offer a certificate: Offer a certificate of completion for attendees who finish your online course or workshop, this can increase the perceived value of the course and encourage attendees to provide their contact information.
Use a lead generation form: Use a lead generation form during the online course or workshop to collect contact information from attendees.
Host a Q&A session: Host a Q&A session during or after the online course or workshop to engage attendees and encourage them to provide their contact information.
Offer a special offer: Offer a special offer or discount for attendees who provide their contact information during the online course or workshop.
Partner with other brands: Partner with other brands or influencers in your industry to co-host an online course or workshop and reach a larger audience.
Create a follow-up campaign: Create a follow-up campaign to nurture leads and encourage conversions after the online course or workshop is over
User-generated content (UGC) is when you encourage customers to create and share content about your brand. This can definitely lead to more organic lead generation.
Here are a few tips on how to use UGC for lead generation:
Encourage customers to share their experiences: Encourage customers to share their experiences with your product or service by offering incentives, such as discounts on their next purchase or a chance to win a prize for the best review.
Display UGC on your website and social media channels: Display user-generated content, such as product reviews, testimonials, and social media posts, on your website and social media channels to build trust and credibility with potential leads.
3. Leverage UGC in your email marketing campaigns and other marketing materials: Use user-generated content in your email marketing campaigns and other marketing materials, such as brochures or presentations, to add social proof and increase conversions.
4. Use UGC to create targeted campaigns: Use user-generated content to create targeted campaigns, such as targeted ads or email marketing campaigns, that are tailored to specific segments of your audience.
5. Use UGC to create a sense of community: Use user-generated content to create a sense of community around your brand, and encourage customers to share their experiences and connect with other customers.
6. Make it easy for customers to share their content: Make it easy for customers to share their content by providing a simple way for them to submit their reviews, testimonials, or photos.
7. Get permission to feature user-generated content: Always get permission from customers before featuring their content on your website or social media channels, and give credit where credit is due.
Online reviews can be a powerful tool for organic lead generation, as they can help establish trust and credibility with potential customers.
Encourage customers to leave reviews: Make it easy for customers to leave reviews by providing them with links to review sites or by sending follow-up emails after a purchase.
Respond to reviews: Respond to both positive and negative reviews in a timely manner. This shows potential customers that you value their feedback and are committed to providing good customer service.
3. Share reviews on social media: Share positive reviews on your social media profiles to showcase your business’s reputation and attract new customers.
4. Incorporate reviews into your website: Display positive reviews on your website, such as on your homepage or on product pages.
6. Use reviews in your marketing campaigns: Use positive reviews in your marketing campaigns, such as in email marketing and on social media ads.
7. Monitor and track your reviews: Monitor your reviews regularly and track the number of reviews you receive, as well as the sentiment of the reviews.
Landing pages and lead magnets
A landing page is a standalone web page specifically designed to capture a visitor’s contact information through a form, while a lead magnet is an incentive offered in exchange for that contact information.
Here are a few steps to use landing pages and lead magnets for organic lead generation:
Create a compelling lead magnet: Develop a lead magnet that addresses your target audience’s pain points and offers a valuable solution. This can be in the form of an ebook, webinar, video, or any other valuable resource.
Build a landing page: Create a landing page that is specifically designed to convert visitors into leads. This should include a clear headline, a compelling value proposition, and a form for visitors to enter their contact information in exchange for the lead magnet.
3. Optimize the page for SEO: Optimize the landing page for search engines by including relevant keywords, meta tags, and a clear, concise URL.
4. Promote the landing page: Use various marketing channels to drive traffic to the landing page, such as social media, email marketing, or paid advertising.
5. Track and measure success: Use tools like Google Analytics to track the number of visitors, conversion rate, and other key metrics to measure the success of the landing page.
6. Follow up: Reach out to new leads as soon as possible, but be sure to make it easy for them to connect with you, such as through a contact form or chatbot.
7. Continuously improve: Continuously monitor and optimize your landing page and lead magnet based on the results you are seeing.
It is important to note that the lead magnets and landing pages should be aligned and tailored to the specific audience you are targeting and the pain points they have. Also, it’s good to test different versions of the lead magnets and landing pages to optimize the conversion rate.
A/B testing is a method of comparing two versions of a web page or marketing campaign to determine which one performs better in terms of generating leads.
Identify what you want to test: Decide which elements of your web page or marketing campaign you want to test, such as the headline, call-to-action, or layout.
Create a control and a variation: Create two versions of the element you want to test, one as the control (the original version) and one as the variation.
3. Set a clear goal: Define a specific goal for the test, such as increasing the click-through rate on a call-to-action button.
4. Determine a sample size: Decide how many visitors you want to include in the test, keeping in mind that a larger sample size will provide more accurate results.
5. Run the test: Use a tool such as Google Optimize to run the A/B test, randomly showing the control and variation to visitors.
6. Analyze the results: Analyze the data collected during the test and compare the performance of the control and variation in terms of reaching the goal you set.
7. Implement the winning version: Once the test is complete, implement the version that performed better in terms of generating leads.
8. Continuously test: Continuously A/B test different elements of your web page or marketing campaign to continually improve the performance and increase lead generation.
Reaching out to potential customers through cold email or social media can generate leads and build relationships.
- Reach out to influencers and thought leaders: Connect with influencers and thought leaders in your industry and ask them to share your content with their followers. This can help you reach a larger audience and generate more leads.
Use email marketing: Use email marketing to reach out to your target audience and promote your content. Make sure to segment your email list to ensure that you are sending the right message to the right people.
3. Optimize your website for lead generation: Optimize your website for lead generation by including forms to capture contact information and calls-to-action that encourage visitors to take action.
4. Follow up with leads: After you’ve generated leads, make sure to follow up with them. This will give you the opportunity to turn these leads into customers.
Giveaways and contests
Using giveaways and contests can be a great way to increase engagement with your brand and generate organic leads for your business.
Choose a relevant prize: The prize you offer should be relevant to your target audience and something that they would be interested in winning.
Promote the giveaway or contest: Once you have your prize and your target audience defined, you can start promoting your giveaway or contest. Use social media, email marketing, and other online channels to get the word out.
Use landing pages to collect leads: Use landing pages to collect leads from people who are interested in your giveaway or contest. Make sure the landing pages are optimized for lead generation, including forms to capture contact information.
4. Follow up with the leads: After the giveaway or contest is over, make sure to follow up with the leads you’ve collected. This will give you the opportunity to turn these leads into customers.
5. Make sure to comply with laws and regulations: Be sure to comply with all laws and regulations when running giveaways and contests. This includes getting consent from participants and disclosing any terms and conditions.
Creating and sharing videos can be a powerful way to generate leads. Use videos to showcase your products or services, provide valuable information, and include calls-to-action to encourage viewers to take action. Companies like Blackmagicdesign offer products like DaVinci Resolve for video creating and editing.
The following tips can help you with video marketing:
Create valuable content: Create valuable and informative videos that address the needs of your target audience. The videos should be focused on providing solutions to their problems or answering their questions.
2. Optimize for SEO: Optimize your videos for search engines by including relevant keywords in the title, description, and tags. This will help your videos to rank higher in search engine results and make them more easily discoverable by potential leads.
3. Host on your own website: Host the videos on your own website, this way you can add calls to action, forms, and links to your landing pages to generate leads directly.
4. Share on social media: Share your videos on social media platforms, such as YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. This will help to expand your reach and increase visibility to potential leads.
5. Use video in email marketing: Include video content in your email marketing campaigns. This can increase the open and click-through rates, which can ultimately lead to more leads.
6. Track and measure: Use tools such as Google Analytics and YouTube Analytics to track the performance of your video marketing efforts and measure the leads generated. Use this data to optimize your video marketing strategy and improve results over time.
Retargeting is a form of online advertising that allows you to reach potential customers who have previously interacted with your website or business. It can greatly benefit your organic lead generation campaign.
Use retargeting pixels: Use retargeting pixels to track visitors to your website and create a retargeting audience.
Create retargeting ads: Create ads that are relevant to the pages that your retargeting audience has visited on your website, and feature a clear call-to-action.
Test different ads: Test different ads and ad copy to see which ones perform best in terms of generating leads.
5. Use retargeting lists: Use retargeting lists to segment your audience based on their behavior and interactions on your website.
6. Track and measure success: Use tools like Google Analytics to track the number of visitors, conversion rate, and other key metrics to measure the success of the retargeting campaign.
7. Continuously improve: Continuously monitor and optimize your retargeting strategy based on the results you are seeing.
Retargeting should be done with a balance so as not to annoy the users with too much ad exposure
It’s important to note that all of these strategies should be implemented in a targeted and cohesive manner to maximize results of organic lead generation. A comprehensive and well-rounded approach that takes into consideration the specific needs and goals of your business is likely to be the most effective.